Weaving Reiki into Daily Life with Reiki Women PodcastsMay 4, 2023
Integration is Important in our Reiki Practice with Reiki Women PodcastsMay 27, 2023
Incorporating Reiki into your daily routine can offer numerous physical, emotional, and spiritual benefits. By integrating Reiki practices into everyday life, you can reduce stress, maintain balance, and promote overall well-being. These are the benefits of your self-care. They are wide-ranging and because of that we think of our practice as a way of life rather than one specific practice. However, as we all know – we have to start somewhere. If we could all just press “zap” and be in that beautiful healing space, then we’d all be doing it. The truth is it takes many small decisions throughout your day that all add up to a change in your mind, your body and your life.
Here are some of those small things to remember that you are Reiki and it is your life:
1. Start your day with tenohira (hands-on healing): Begin each morning with a brief self-Reiki session to set awareness of your continual healing and wholeness for the day. Focus on your breath and gently and intuitively place your hands on various parts of your body, allowing this sense of balance to move into your day. Judge me if you like – but my favourite thing to do before opening my eyes is in the morning, while my head is still on my pillow, is to place my hands over my crown and just feel it. So supportive!
2. Reiki meditation: Set aside 10-15 minutes each day to practice Reiki meditation, where you focus on your breath while visualizing the flow of energy within and without you. I find Joshin Kokyu Ho alone, or the whole practice of Hatsurei Ho to be the bomb! These practices bring you into your body, they are so grounding, but at the same time, they give you the experiential insight to Know that you are the universe. Let this practice calm your mind, increase self-awareness, and build resilience against stress.
3. Reiki-infused thinking: Think of it as a delicious herbal tea! Keep dipping back into the Reiki precepts throughout your day! For Today Only or (for this dip only) I will not anger or worry, I’ll be grateful and true to who I am and be compassionate to myself and everyone and everything else. Let these thoughts penetrate your body and mind as you speak the words.
4. Reiki and mindful breaks: Throughout the day, take short breaks to practice mindful breathing or brief Reiki self-treatments. Mindful breathing is a simplified version of Joshin Kooky Ho. Just follow the breath as it enters the body and moves all the way down into your Hara. These slow deep breaths can become your natural breathing, just keep practising! This can help reduce stress and maintain balance during busy or challenging times.
5. Reiki for household tasks: As you perform daily tasks, such as cooking, cleaning, or gardening, remember the sense of what that healing space is, and in remembering it you are there! This is the memory of pure balance. It can help turn mundane tasks into mindful, energetic practices that contribute to a harmonious home environment.
6. Reiki and mealtime: The attitude of gratitude – I love saying that to myself. You can physically place your hands on your food if you wish with the intention of eating that which supports your balance and wholeness but if you simply bring your mind into this moment – for today only – and eat with awareness then it is the same thing. The mind is a powerful beast and loving your food and the art of smelling, chewing, tasting and digesting, is all going to make your body work at its optimum, promoting your overall health and well-being.
7. Reiki and relationships: We all want our relationships to be smooth sailing. But how? Practice the art of healing whether you are with your loved ones, if they’re in another room or in another country. And do it all the time. We practice this by opening our hearts. Releasing our anger and our fears and past tussles allows our hearts to grow, wider, deeper, brighter. The system of Reiki teaches us to bring the earth and the heavens together within us, to allow our hearts to be the mixing point of pure healing abundance. This can help strengthen emotional connections, enhance communication, and foster deeper understanding.
9. Reiki for personal growth: Use all the Reiki elements during your days, weeks, months and years to support your personal goals and aspirations, whether they are related to your career, relationships, or personal development. Let the clarity and focus that your Reiki practices offer, bring you into alignment with what you need for perfect balance in every aspect of this existence.
10. Reiki for self-reflection: Take time each day to reflect on your experiences, emotions, and thoughts while bathing in the great, bright light of the universe. This practice can provide valuable insights and help you better understand yourself.
11. Reiki before bed: Perform a Reiki self-treatment or meditation before going to sleep to promote relaxation, reduce stress, and encourage restorative sleep. This practice can also help you release anything that may have accumulated or stuck to you during the day. Once again, I just love placing my hands somewhere, anywhere on the body and staying with that till I fall asleep. The love and nurturing of being there for myself as the last and first thing each day is precious and a signpost of intent for the coming day.
By integrating the system of Reiki into your everyday routines, you can cultivate a balanced, mindful, and nurturing lifestyle that supports your overall well-being and personal growth. Try it!