The 7 Mothers: Strengthen Your Courage and Bravery in under 10 Minutes a DayJanuary 15, 2024
Did you know that poetry is a part of Reiki? It’s true!
Bronwen is excited to take you on a 21 day journey into your inner thoughts and feelings through the magic of Japanese verse.
Experience the traditional Japanese Reiki method of integrating the short waka poems of Emperor Meiji and Empress Shoken into Japanese Reiki meditation.
This self-paced, 21-day online course is designed to enrich your heart, mind and breath and elevate your meditative practice.
What is waka?
Waka (Japanese poetry) often explores themes such as love, nature, the seasons, and the impermanence of life. These poems are deeply connected to the Japanese aesthetic and spiritual worldview, often reflecting a sense of mono no aware (read my blog here), appreciating the beauty and transience of life.
How does it work?
Each day, a new waka poem will arrive in your inbox, encouraging you into meditation for up to 30 minutes a day. These historical poems, once a source of inspiration for the founder of the system of Reiki, Mikao Usui, will now guide you in your own journey of self-growth and contemplation.
Bronwen has crafted a foundational meditation recording to gently guide you into a state of deep meditation, allowing you to immerse yourself in contemplation with the day’s poem for as long as you wish.
But it’s more than just poetry
Alongside each poem, you’ll receive insightful commentary exploring why poetry, especially waka, is a powerful tool for meditation and self-growth.
And we’ll delve into the symbolism and deeper meanings within each verse, providing contemplative ideas that encourage introspection and personal development.
Your Daily Immersion Includes:
- Daily Waka Webpage: Access a dedicated webpage link for each day’s featured waka poem.
- Contemplative Questions: Engage with thought-provoking questions designed to enrich your recitation and understanding of the poem.
- Waka and Reiki: Explore a section delving into the historical intertwining of waka poetry with Reiki practices, enhancing your appreciation of their connection.
- Meiji Shrine Omikuji: Experience an Omikuji (oracle) from the Meiji Shrine, accompanied by the Japanese version of the day’s poem for a culturally immersive experience.
- Guided Meditation Video by Bronwen: Begin each session with a link to a YouTube video where Bronwen guides you into a meditative state and leads you in reciting the waka poem of the day. This video then plays gentle Japanese flute music for 30 minutes to encourage you to stay in meditation until the music finishes.
Who is it for?
Whether you’re new to meditation or a seasoned practitioner, “Waka Wisdom” offers a unique blend of spiritual tradition and poetic wonder. Any level Reiki practitioner will find wisdom within these practices.
When can I start?
Join Bronwen on this 21-day exploration of the mind, heart, and the timeless beauty of waka poetry.
Order now and transform your meditation practice by bringing the wisdom of the past into the present.
First Day Free
If you would like to “Try before you buy” you can!
Scroll down to the Course Contents and click on Day 1.
You get immediate FREE access to Day 1’s class and meditation.
You don’t even need to sign up!
What happens during and after the 21 days?
Begin at any time – this is a self-paced course.
You can spend as long as you want on one poem if you are finding it valuable.
You can go back and do the whole course again.
How does it Work?
This is an audio course, not a video. All you have to do is click “play” and let go. These wonderful experiences of being Japanese waka will always be here for you.
Each day for 21 days you will receive an email notification to click on that takes you to a webpage for your Daily Immersion.
When you join me you will LEARN something and BE something! Perfect!!!